July may seem a long way off, but trust us it’s coming up fast and everyone who’s hoping to graduate this summer needs to start thinking about the next steps now.
But don’t panic, the Careers and Employability team are on hand to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the jobs market. To help you achieve that, here are five things to do now:
1. Drop-in to the Career Studio to speak to our Career Coaches. We can help you with your job application, upcoming interview, and assessment centre preparation – or explore the careers you might want to pursue and help you to plan your next steps.
2. If you can’t make it in to the Career Studio then Ask us a Question via our website and we’ll get straight back to you. Make sure you check out our online resources which can help you to explore your options and prepare for every stage of the recruitment process.
3. Attend our career events and engage with employers. Knowing the reality of a role and gaining an insight into the recruitment processes is vital to making the right decision and being successful when applying.
4. Sign up to Liverpool Connect to network with thousands of Liverpool graduates all over the world. Liverpool Connect is our exclusive online platform to connect students to alumni, whether you want to talk to someone in your dream job, or just get a bit of advice from someone who was in your position last year.
5. Keep up-to-date with all of the information you need via our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag #LivUni2020 to find our content that’s relevant to you.
Make sure you don’t leave it too late – #LivUni2020 – The time is now!
Check out what benefits you can get as a graduate from the University of Liverpool Alumni team, including Liverpool Connect – our exclusive e-networking platform just for Liverpool students and graduates.
All recent news
Award-winning line up for Open House 2020
Ultra HD TV up for grabs: Enter our prize draw
February: 4 volunteering roles that can get involved with today
Student Officer Elections: Nominations open
Competition: Win a trip to Canada and $30,000 in the World’s Challenge Challenge
To celebrate LGBT+ History Month we've created a timeline charting LGBT+ history at the University🌈. Check it out here > https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/lgbt-history/
Don't give out your details over the phone, especially when you've had an unsolicited phone call. If you're in doubt, hang up and call the company back on their registered number to make sure the call was legit. https://twitter.com/DanskeBank_UK/status/1229377125871910913
INTRANET PAGES: We're experiencing an issue with accessing the staff and student intranet pages this morning. We're working to resolve it ASAP. Apologies for the inconvenience. https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/csd/newsannouncements.php?posterid=23506732