Applications are now open for our Residential Adviser roles for next academic year.
Residential Advisers (RAs) live with students in all 7 of our Halls of Residences, providing support, guidance, and out of hours contact for residents, as well as helping to run an exciting social programme.
The role is open to staff and students, and is a highly rewarding position with a variety of challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will have the chance to diversify your skill set in many areas, including event planning, communication and leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- To work closely with the Hall Warden who has overall responsibility for each Halls of Residence
- To provide an overnight support service to students dealing with incidents in the halls, typically one night each week.
- To take pastoral responsibility for a set group of students in a hall, maintaining regular contact with them and providing opportunities to meet one another and ensuring their wellbeing.
- To plan and deliver community building events with the help of the Halls Life Team.
- To develop their knowledge of the support available in halls and the wider University and direct students accordingly.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 14 June. You will need to complete an online application form – search for ‘Residential Adviser’ on the website. Online interviews will take place in the week commencing 22 June.
For more information please see the Becoming a Residential Adviser FAQs.