Sign in: Staff/Students
For many students there is a lot of uncertainty about future employment prospects because of impact of the coronavirus pandemic, and this is a particular concern for students graduating this summer.
There is no doubt that the pandemic presents challenges for the graduate employment market, with career plans on hold or disrupted as companies freeze recruitment and scale back their graduate recruitment and outreach programmes.
The Careers & Employability team have responded by moving their support online, and working with employer partners to deliver a virtual offer, as well as signpost students to further support and opportunities. Here are some of the online resources and support available to help you explore your career options, and search for graduate jobs:
1. Handshake is the exciting new online Careers platform for University of Liverpool students and graduates, that lets you connect with employers and alumni, search and apply for jobs, and access exclusive career events and resources.
2. Prospects provides advice for students preparing for and applying for jobs during the pandemic. It includes tips on increasing your online presence and preparing for phone interviews. If you’re unsure of your next steps, there is also a tool to match your skills and personality to 400+ job profiles.
3. Nextstep Support is a collaboration between organisations that provide support and services to students. They have information specifically addressing some of the issues resulting from the pandemic, and provide articles and resources including advice on looking for jobs and wellbeing.
4. The National Careers Service provides information and links to other organisations, including those offering free online learning. They have also developed the National Careers Service Skills Toolkit full of resources, tools and free online courses to help improve digital and numeracy skills.
5. Internship Experience UK is organised by Bright Network, offering a programme of free virtual internships for students and graduates during summer 2020 across a range of career sectors – a great way to discover new career paths, meet employers, and boost your employability. Applications are open now!
Make sure you also take a look at our Class of 2020 website which brings together all of the support that you can access as a University of Liverpool graduate – this includes discounts for postgraduate study, tailored career support, the chance to connect with thousands of our alumni via Liverpool Connect, and an exclusive discount scheme for our alumni community.
All recent news
Be amongst The Tung Auditorium’s first public audience as Lunchtime Concerts Spring series opens
Student Art Pass: A year of art and opportunities for £5
Virtual find a housemate meet-ups and student accommodation advice
Campus food and drink: Tell us what you think
Celebrating Disability History Month
The University of Liverpool is the first UK university to join the #AEgIS antimatter experiment at @CERN
Find out more ➡️https://bit.ly/3riEJUY
Frosty mornings on campus! ❄️😍❄️
Exciting news! You can now book your place in the first public audience to experience live music in the The Tung Auditorium, as the Spring season of Lunchtime Concerts opens in our new state-of-the-art music venue. 🎶🎻🎹
Find out more: https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2022/01/17/be-amongst-the-tung-auditorium-first-public-audience-as-lunchtime-concert-spring-series-opens/