Where to find help if you are in private accommodation

In comparison to the support system in place for students living in University Halls of Residence, moving in to the community can sometimes mean that it’s more difficult to access the support that you need.

We’ve put together a list of organisations that you can reach out to for help and advice:

Liverpool City Council

The council provides a range of services and advice on environmental health, community and housing issues. You can contact Liverpool City Council to report problems with noise, refuse and recycling, parking, and other issues that affect the local community. Visit their website.

Merseyside Police

It’s important to remember to always call 999 in an emergency. You should use 101 for non-emergency enquiries, and to report criminal or antisocial behaviour. Call the UK Anti-Terrorism Hotline on 0800 789 321 if you’ve seen or heard something that you think could suggest terrorist activity. If you’re looking for help or information, or want to report an incident you can use a simple tool to find the best way to get in contact.

Liverpool Student Homes

This University-funded service provides free housing information and advice for students in private accommodation, including guidance related to renting during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the LSH website to find out more.

Liverpool Guild of Students

Liverpool Guild of Students offer free and confidential advice to all students. They are independent from the university, and can provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions. They deal with a wide range of academic, housing and wellbeing issues, and offer support with harassment, bereavement, sexual health, mental health, as well as financial support.

University of Liverpool Student Services

A comprehensive support and welfare services for students. They provide advice, support and information on a wide range of non-academic issues including finance, disability, issues relating to your general welfare, as well as dedicated support for international students. The Counselling and Mental Health Support teams offer free and confidential advice to all students. Click here to see the range of support on offer.

Liverpool Student Homes (LSH)

During the pandemic the LSH team are continuing to support students who need housing advice. If you need help from other support services, they will signpost you accordingly. All advice will be given via email or phone and is strictly confidential.