Sign in: Staff/Students
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 17:48 — 19.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | TuneIn | RSS | More
In this episode, Helen talks to Danny Blair, a Lecturer in Radiotherapy at the University of Liverpool. They discuss the importance of social connections, how the Radiotherapy Department have been supporting students during COVID-19, and Danny shares his tips for hosting a great Zoom quiz.
We’d love to hear your feedback and experiences. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentioned in this episode:
• MacArthur, K. R., & Sikorski, J. (2020). A qualitative analysis of the coping reservoir model of pre-clinical medical student well-being: Human connection as making it “worth it.” BMC Medical Education, 20(1).
• Kahoot! Quiz software https://kahoot.com/
• Chocolate bar cross-sections quiz https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8251229/The-great-chocdown-quiz.html
The following support services are available over the Christmas holidays:
• Student Space – https://studentspace.org.uk/wellbeing/the-christmas-break call free between 3pm and 12am every day on 0808 189 5260
• PAPYRUS is the UK Charity for the prevention of young suicide (under 35). For PAPYRUS HOPELINEUK call 0800 068 4141 (open 9am – midnight every day of the week)
• You can text SHOUT https://giveusashout.org/ free of charge from any UK mobile network and get confidential advice and support straight to your mobile
• If you are ill, you can contact your GP, or visit a Walk In Centre or pharmacy. Information and advice about NHS services is available at https://www.nhs.uk/. If you need help now, but it’s not an emergency, visit https://111.nhs.uk/ or call 111.
• If you need to talk to someone in confidence the Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/ have a 24 hour line which is free to call: 116 123.
All recent news
Liverpool Literary Festival returns October 8 -10
£3m secured as part of major new AHRC Towards a National Collection initiative
New AI tool developed by University of Liverpool researchers accelerates discovery of new materials
Inhibiting targets of SARS-CoV-2 proteases can block infection, study shows
Tandem Nano secures licence agreement for long-acting technologies for malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis C
'COVID vaccines for under-16s: why competent children in the UK can legally decide for themselves.' Read this new @ConversationUK piece by Prof @helenstalford (@LIVEChildRights), Dr Kerry Barry (@LivUni) and Dr @aoifedalylaw (@LawUCC) #vaccine #consent
In this video Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself), patron of the Science Fiction Foundation, introduces some of the wonders and oddities from our holdings!
Did you know that we hold the largest catalogued collection of science fiction in Europe?🚀
Reported today in @naturecomms, @MIF_UoL & @LC_Mater_Design researchers create a new collaborative #AI tool that reduces the time & effort required to discover truly new materials.
The tool has already discovered 4 new materials.