The third week of our Feel Good February programme is full of free events that will help you to get involved with our local community; including meeting student entrepreneurs, speaking to local employers, and discovering new volunteering opportunities in the local area.
There are lots of activities taking place around campus again this week, including in our Feel Good February Tipi on Abercromby Square.
Events to get involved with include:
- The Independent Traders Fair on Monday will showcase our student entrepreneurs, with stands featuring everything from authentic homely food to beautiful handmade crochet, and stylish personalised jewellery.
- #LoveLiverpool – Meet the employers in the Tipi offers the chance to speak to a wide range of companies from the Liverpool City Region. Talk to recent graduates about their career paths, and find out about job opportunities in the local area.
- Intro to volunteering at the Guild on Tuesday. Meet the Student Activities team as they introduce you the volunteering opportunities at the Guild.
- Sport Liverpool are offering more free health checks, wellbeing walks, and access to the gym, pool, classes, and multi-sports bookings. This week also includes a Time to Talk session and Outdoor Bootcamp.
- Lunchtime concert series at The Tung Auditorium. Rakhi Singh will perform works for solo violin, from across a range of varied traditional music eras, from Bach to Bagashree and Von Bingen.
- Yoga in the Tipi on Thursday. Please book to attend.
- Campus litter pick for Volunteering Week. Join us for a litter pick morning to help keep our campus and Liverpool tidy! All equipment will be provided – just bring yourself and make sure to dress suitably for the weather.
- LCR Grad Scheme panel offers the chance to hear from recent graduates who are now working in local business thanks to this ERDF Funded programme delivered by the Careers & Employability team.
- The Liverpool Sound dives back into the amazing Ensemble 10:10 archive to find some of the very best new music from Liverpool and North West composers that have been premiered by the group in its 25-year history.
- Halls Housemate Mixer is for students looking for shared accommodation next year. Hosted by Liverpool Student Homes in the Guild of Students.
- Tipi Tunes – Love Liverpool Open Mic on Friday is a chance to show us your talents – whether you can sing, play guitar or just want to hear some local musicians play.
Prizes to be won!
Our month-long FREE prize draw continues, giving you the chance to win a gift voucher from a list of some fantastic local businesses, as well as some lovely books all aimed at giving your wellbeing a little boost!
Do one thing
Throughout the month everyone is challenged to ‘do one thing’ and to set a realistic, achievable goal that will help you feel good without piling on pressure e.g. go for a walk on a certain day each week.