Two years ago, physicist Jon Major published research on a new method for producing solar panels in the prestigious journal Nature. His technique has a tenuous connection to tofu but that was enough to push it onto the front pages of news sites around the world. The experience taught him a lot about the value of good communication of scientific ideas.
Dr Major’s experience since the research was published has taught him even more about the structure of the modern solar industry. It may not be as nimble and quick to innovate as you might think.
In this episode Dr Major talks about:
• The value of effective communication of scientific ideas
• The importance of serendipity in scientific inquiry
• The incredible promise and surprising environmental challenges of solar power
• Big Business and solar power
• Future of solar and renewables
The podcast can be found by following the links below: