Sign in: Staff/Students
If you’re looking for something productive to do with your time over the summer, or want to earn some extra cash during the break from studying, there are lots of opportunities available right now.
Make sure you check out the new Handshake platform from Careers & Employability which is full of jobs, competitions, and exclusive online events. Here are just a few:
1. Mercedes-Benz Coding Challenge: Students are invited to submit their ideas for innovative new apps for vehicles. The challenge is open to students from all subjects and no technical knowledge is required. Enter for a chance to pitch your idea in front of Mercedes-Benz’s top-executives in Germany, win an internship and the chance to implement your idea.
2. CANVAS Student Intern: As part of the University’s roll-out of Canvas as its new Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), the Canvas Project Team are seeking to employ a number of student interns to support both promotion and training activities. Applications are now open – click here to find out more and apply.
3. Remote Tutor Roles: Fire Tech is the UK’s #1 technology day camp for children aged 9-17. They are currently recruiting Tutors for their new remote camps. If you are looking for a great role that you can complete from anywhere in the world then please read on and apply!
4. Virtual Campus Rep: Work remotely to promote the Edu-Pal China (EPC) programme, which offers an immersive language and cultural exchange experience between English-speaking young adults who are eager to discover Chinese language and culture, and like-minded Chinese host-families, who are interested in sharing their home and learning English (or another language). Click here for more details.
5. Drivers of Change Competition: Autocar are looking to hear from students interested in entering three exciting areas of the automotive industry: technology, digital and retail. Previous experience in automotive is not necessary to enter, and a winner will be selected for each category, receiving £5000. Click here to find out more and enter.
There are many more opportunities available for students available via Handshake, including job opportunities, and events such as digital skills bootcamp, and virtual employability sessions.
Don’t forget, if you’re applying for a job then you can also use our online resources and virtual Career Studio for help with all stages of the recruitment process.
All recent news
Virtual find a housemate meet-ups
Virtual events, activities and careers support available this week
There’s still time to apply to travel and teach English abroad in 2021
7 useful online wellbeing resources for students
Howard, one of our Honorary Clinical Fellows, is running 5km every day this January whilst working as a full time Doctor at Aintree Hospital! He's running to raise awareness and support for the mental health charity @theCALMzone. 👏
One of our brilliant researchers, @KatyARoscoe from @UoLRSA, tells us about organising the ‘Images of Research’ competition which explores how the #Teamlivuni research community have been managing ‘behind the screens’.➡️
We’re delighted to show you around the Yoko Ono Lennon Centre through this latest @EWArchitects visual!
Visit our website for a closer look: http://bit.ly/3a5tOFD
@LivUni @sotauol @richardhartwell @CTackley #LivUniYoko