This week is Welcome Week – albeit a little different this year!
To keep everybody safe, we have moved the majority of our welcome events and activities online. Some events are live, and some will be available for you to catch up on at a time that suits you.
Here are some of our highlights:
1. Welcome Talk
Tune into the Welcome Talk where the Vice-Chancellor and members of the Senior Management Team will provide you with important information about the University.
When: Monday, 28 September
2. Warm Welcome videos
Receive a warm welcome to Liverpool each morning from some of the city’s most renowned residents.
- Monday, 28 September: Mark McGann Actor, director, writer and musician
- Tuesday, 29 September: Colin Hall Custodian, John Lennon’s Liverpool home at National Trust
- Wednesday, 30 September: Amy Stevens, musician AKA Scouse ”guitar Queen”
- Thursday, 1 October: Michael Stark – Liverpool actor
- Friday, 2 October: Michael Fletcher Liverpool based actor
3. Fast facts – Peer Mentor 30 minute Q&A
Join our Peer Mentors for a pre-recorded Q&A session.
- Tuesday, 29 September: Q&A with the Library
- Wednesday, 30 September: Q&A about part-time jobs
- Friday, 2 October: Q&A with the Guild
4. Everyday people doing great things
Join inspirational speakers as their share their personal and professional experiences.
- Monday, 28 September, 1.30pm: Jenna Kenyani on Mental Health and Wellbeing (Live)
- Tuesday, 29 September: Amy Rodgers – Current student and LFC Women’s Team Member
- Wednesday, 30 September: Edward Lynch – Alumni and CEO of Lyfe
- Thursday, 1 October: Jenny Davies – Alumni and Former Commuter Student and CEO of M247
- Friday, 2 October: Elle Edwards Alumni, Influencer and Founder of Livefitelle will be talking about her experience at University.
5. Virtual tours
Join our Peer Mentors for pre-recorded virtual tours around our campus.
- Monday, 28 September: Exploring Campus with Peer Mentors
- Tuesday, 29 September: Exploring the Libraries with Peer Mentors
- Wednesday, 30 September: Exploring the Sports Centre with Peer Mentors
- Thursday, 1 October: Exploring Computer Services with Peer Mentors
6. Sport Liverpool
There are plenty of opportunities each afternoon throughout the week to get moving with Sport Liverpool – including virtual HIIT and Ab Blast classes!
2pm each day this week – download the app to view events.