Congratulations you’ve made it! This year has been challenging, but now it’s time to settle in to University life and get involved in everything on offer this week. We want your time with us to be successful from your first day, so we have put together this handy guide that sets out the information you need.
You can also keep up to date with what’s happening throughout the week by following our social media channels, and show us what you’re doing using #HelloLivUni.
Things you need to do
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to activate your computing account, complete your programme registration, upload your ID photo to Liverpool Life, and if you’re living in University-owned accommodation, complete your online induction modules.
During your first few days, you should make sure you confirm your engagement, receive your student ID card, register with a GP and, if you’re an international student, you may need to register with the police.
Use our Welcome webpages to work through everything you need to do before starting your studies.
Welcome Week programme
Running from today (Monday, 28 September) to Friday 2 October, Welcome Week offers a range of activities all designed to welcome you to the University, encourage you to explore the city safely and make friends. Whether you are on campus or joining us online, there will be something to get involved in.
To keep everyone as safe as possible, this year the majority of our welcome activities will be held virtually, with some streaming live and some available to catch up on at a time that suits you.
The programme covers both centrally ran and departmental events – we would encourage you to attend as many of your department’s events as possible.
Download the Welcome Week app
The best way to view all the events and activities on offer is on our new Welcome Week app.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you will need to login using either your Student ID and PIN (if you have not yet set up your computing account) or your MWS username and password (if you have set up your computing account).
After you’ve logged in you will be asked to confirm which department you’ll be studying in. Please note if you are studying a Combined Degrees programme, which combines two departments, you will need to select both departments from the list provided.
Change can be both exciting and daunting, so remember that help and advice is always available. To discuss your concerns, or simply to get some useful advice, contact our Student Services team.
You can also contact our Ask Me team via the Welcome Week app.
From digital raves to society ‘Give it a go’ sessions, Liverpool Guild of Students have organised some brilliant events that will kick start your term.
You can also pop into their building for a Starbucks, grab something to eat from the shop or socialise with those in your household with a drink and something to eat. A number of measures have been put into place to make it COVID secure.
If your interested in joining a sports club to play competitively, to try something completely different or to meet new people then follow us on @SportLiverpool, where our clubs will be hosting Q&As throughout the week. Alternatively you can find our list of clubs here.
Get started at the Library
If you need to access the Library this week, make sure to familiarise yourself with its updated services. With improved and extended online resources and services, and adapted in-person services to ensure that we can offer you the best possible Library experience while keeping everyone safe.
Living on campus
If you’re living in University owned accommodation, join your Hall Facebook Group for up-to-date information and events relevant to your hall.
Living off campus
On Wednesday, 30 September from 7.30pm, we are hosting a Campus Quiz Night specially for our students living off-campus. Find out more on the Welcome Week app, or book here to secure your place.
As a new international/European student, you’re invited to Hello International! which is a week-long online induction programme opening with the ‘Let’s Get Started, what you need to know’ presentation on Monday, 28 September.
All events throughout the week will take place online, covering topics from ‘Socialising in a new country’ to ‘Know how to perfect your English’. Take a look through the full programme here.
Keeping safe on campus
We have introduced a range of safety measures on campus, including our new COVID-secure buildings, teaching schedules and much more. You can view these details anytime on our new dedicated campus safety hub.
You can also watch this short film which will give you a better idea about what is in place and how you can navigate campus safely.
Remember, if exploring the city of Liverpool to adhere to local and national COVID restrictions, keep socially distanced and be respectful to the wider community you are a part of. Keep up to date with the latest Government guidance.
Further support and contacts
Should you have any difficulties or require additional information then please contact us.
Tips and reminders
- Visit Liverpool Life to make sure we have your current term-time address. This will ensure any requests for status or bank letters are produced with the right address on.
- Have you uploaded your photo to Liverpool Life? Upload your picture as soon as you can because you will need your card for the Library and Sports Centre.
- If you are a new undergraduate, remember to return your signed declaration to Student Finance. We can’t confirm your attendance to Student Finance England until you’ve done it, which could cause a delay in money finding its way to you.
- Remember to follow us on Facebook, Instagram (@LivUni) Twitter and TikTok, using the hashtag #HelloLivUni. You can find a full list of social media accounts to follow on our Social Media page.
- Check out the programme for Foundation Week – a week-long programme of academic skill development activities, designed to prepare students for the new semester. Available later this week on CANVAS.
- Familiarise yourself with your academic timetable – available shortly on the Timetables App and in the Timetable Portal.
- We’ve got lots of handy apps – download the University apps you need now to get ready for the new term.
- Keep up to date with everything that’s going on around campus during the year via Student News.
Have a great week!