Financial support available for students

Money Advice and Guidance (MAG) are aware that lots of students may be staying in Liverpool over the winter break and may have worries about their finances.

UK students

If are a UK student and you need advice or support you can contact MAG by emailing  You can also book an initial drop-in session to discuss any concerns by visiting our webpage.

If you are a care leaver or you’re estranged with no family support and are worried about your finances you can contact MAG to discuss this further by emailing

UK students experiencing financial difficulty are able to apply to our University Hardship Fund by completing the application form here.

International students

International students experiencing financial difficulty should visit the International Advice and Guidance (IAG) website here. IAG can offer general financial advice as well as information about their newly established ‘Fund for International Students in Hardship’ (FISH). If you believe you are eligible for FISH or need any further advice you can contact IAG by emailing