Graduation is the culmination of all your hard work during your time at university. It’s a chance to celebrate your achievements and look back at the years you have spent in Liverpool.
We know things are different this year, and we also know how much you will have been looking forward to graduating with your friends and family in Liverpool. However, we hope the plans outlined below will help you to still make the most of your graduation:
Class of 2020 Online Celebration Event – Friday 11 December 2020, 11am
On Friday 11 December 2020, the day on which your degree will be officially conferred in absentia, we are hosting a ‘Class of 2020’ online event which will include the screening of a special film to celebrate your impressive achievements.
The film will start at 11am, and we invite you and your household to join us at this time to celebrate together.
We’re keen to make this event a special one, so read our checklist below to make the most of it:
Joining the event
To join the event, simply head to our Graduation webpage ready for an 11am start on Friday 11 December.
The page is externally accessible so you will not need to sign in to watch, and you can also share the link with friends and family to either watch live along with you or to view after the event.
We will also be streaming the film on Facebook.
Show us how you are celebrating with #LivUniGrad
In the run up to, and during the event, we will be hosting an interactive ‘social wall’ on the event webpage that will allow you to engage with each other and share images of your celebrations from home.
To take part, tag your photos and videos on Twitter and Instagram using #LivUniGrad and we will try to include as many as possible on the wall.
Celebrate in style
Although, for now, you are unable to don your cap and gown and take to the graduation stage, there are things you can do to celebrate in style.
From decorating to dressing up, from making your own mortarboard to hosting a virtual after-party, in the run up to graduation we will be sharing tips and ideas about how to celebrate from home over on our social channels; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Share your ideas with us and your fellow graduands using #LivUniGrad
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
Live graduation ceremonies will be via Zoom at the following times and your unique invitation to the event will be sent this week.
- 12pm: Ceremony one: Nurses & Allied Health
- 1pm: Ceremony two: Faculty of Health & Life Sciences
- 2pm: Ceremony three: Faculty of Science & Engineering
- 3pm: Ceremony four: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
If you haven’t received your unique link to access your ceremony by Thursday, please email email@example.com with the ceremony you should be attending,
2021 on-campus events
As previously communicated, although we have taken the difficult decision to postpone this winter’s ceremonies, we also plan to invite all those graduating this December back to campus during summer 2021 to celebrate with us in person, subject to Government guidance at the time. We will be in touch with graduating students about this in due course.
Although graduation is a little different this year, we will still support you in receiving your formal qualification at the normal time in order to progress academically or into your future career:
- All undergraduate and postgraduate taught degree students graduating will receive a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR). Your HEAR is an electronic document which replaces the more traditional paper academic transcript or Diploma Supplement. You will be issued with an electronic version of your award certificate and HEAR following your graduation ceremony. Please visit our HEAR webpages for more information
- If you haven’t already you need to sign up to the Graduation Portal. The portal will let you access and share your electronic degree certificate and, if you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student, you’ll also be able to access and share your Higher Education Achievement Report. You will have recently received a registration email, which will provide you with guidance on setting up your account. If you have any issues registering on the portal please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- Start making the most of our 228,000 strong alumni network by following the Alumni team on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
Don’t forget to update your contact details so that we can continue to support you with tailored careers guidance and networking opportunities. Once you graduate, your University email account will expire, which means you won’t be able to access some of our online services. If you update your contact details we will still be able to offer you:
- Digital careers support; including help with applications, CVs, covering letters, interviews and assessments
- Online employer sessions
- Access to the Handshake employability platform to connect with peers, alumni and employers
- Discounts on short courses
- Discounts on hotels and holiday accommodation
- Access to Liverpool Connect – our online networking platform that lets you connect with thousands of alumni
- Entrance to our graduate events and networking events
- Access to graduate job opportunities via Handshake
If you are a Liverpool Online student, you can update your contact details here.
To find out more about the Graduation Package, please visit our Class of 2020 website.