Congratulations you’ve made it! New friends, packed schedules and navigating your way around a new city – we know there’s a lot going on for you during Welcome Week, which is why we’ve put together this handy guide that sets out the key information you need.
You can also keep up to date with what’s happening throughout the week by following our social media channels, and show us what you’re doing using #HelloLivUni.
Things you need to do
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to activate your computing account, complete your programme registration and if you’re living in University-owned accommodation, complete your online induction modules.
Use our Welcome webpages to work through everything you need to do before starting your studies.
Liverpool Guild of Students have secured an exclusive ticket for students. Available at the Guild Shop, the pass costs £340 for the academic year, or £375 for the full year which saves you up to £30.
Welcome Week programme
Running from today (Monday, 20 September) to Friday, 24 September, Welcome Week offers a range of activities all designed to welcome you to the University, encourage you to explore the city safely and make friends. The programme covers both centrally ran and departmental events – we would encourage you to attend as many of your department’s events as possible.
- University Square
Check out the activities on University Square happening Monday, 20 to Wednesday, 22 September. Each day will offer something different from getting digitally ready for your university experience, fitness taster sessions and food demonstrations, to finding out how you can be more sustainable while at university. More information about all central activities can be found here.
- Welcome Fair
The Welcome Fair runs over two days. Day 1 running on Thursday, 23 September is your chance to meet incredible student brands, grab a whole load of freebies and get to know the Guild even better. We’re transforming the Guild, Guild Walk & our own Guild Marquee for a day of the best offers, free pizza and an opportunity to build your own Guild Experience.
Day Two, running on Friday, 24 September, offers you the chance to join a society – from Ballroom to BookSoc we have 200+ for you to join for free and the Welcome Fair is the best way to get to know them.
- Guild events
From a comedy night with Ivo Graham, to Bongo’s Bingo, the Guild have organised some incredible events that will kick off the start of term in style.
- International student welcome events
As a new international/European student, you’re invited to Hello International! which is a week-long induction programme opening with the ‘Let’s Get Started – what you need to know’ presentation on Monday, 20 September.
- Halls events
Living in our halls of residence? From BBQs to baking, find out what events your halls have planned to help you get to know your new flatmates.
- Departmental welcome activities
Throughout Welcome Week your department will host events and activities designed to help you get to know your academic area better. You can find further details on your department’s welcome website.
Got a question? During Welcome Week you will see staff and student helpers wearing ‘Ask Me’ t shirts or badges, they will be able to answer any questions you may have or help you find the service you need, so please don’t hesitate to ask them for help.
Download the My Liverpool app
The best way to view all the events and activities on offer is on our My Liverpool app.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you will need to login using either your Student ID and PIN (if you have not yet set up your computing account) or your MWS username and password (if you have set up your computing account).
After you’ve logged in you will be asked to confirm which department you’ll be studying in. Please note if you are studying a Combined Degrees programme, which combines two departments, you will need to select both departments from the list provided.
Change can be both exciting and daunting, so remember that help and advice is always available. To discuss your concerns, or simply to get some useful advice, contact our Student Services team.
COVID-19 requirements during Welcome Week
It is really important to us that we begin this year by inviting all our students to campus to engage in in-person welcome activities ahead of starting or continuing your studies. To be able to do this safely, while we get used to being back together on campus, we ask that all students adhere to a few safety measures, including wearing a face covering indoors, keeping your distance from others and taking regular lateral flow tests.
You can find out more about how we’re continuing to keep campus safe on our dedicated campus safety hub.
Tips and reminders
- Visit Liverpool Life to make sure we have your current term-time address. This will ensure any requests for status or bank letters are produced with the right address on.
- Have you uploaded your photo to Liverpool Life? Upload your picture as soon as you can because you will need your card for the Library and Sports Centre.
- If you are a new undergraduate, remember to return your signed declaration to Student Finance. We can’t confirm your attendance to Student Finance England until you’ve done it, which could cause a delay in money finding its way to you.
- Our University is lucky to have many student-facing teams whose job it is to make sure you have a great time here. Meet them in our new video series.
- Remember to follow us on Facebook, Instagram(@LivUni) Twitter and TikTok, using the hashtag #HelloLivUni. You can find a full list of social media accounts to follow on our Social Media page.
- Familiarise yourself with your academic timetable– available on the Timetables App and in the Timetable Portal.
- Keep yourself and your new friends safe as you explore the city this week. Read our top tips for a safe night out.
- We’ve got lots of handy apps – download the University apps you need now to get ready for the new term.
- Keep up to date with everything that’s going on around campus during the year via Student News.
Have a great week!