The Canvas team loved meeting you all last week at Switched On Day. Don’t worry if you missed the team though because they’ve put together a quick round up of everything you need to know below.
Download the Canvas Student App
- Step 1: Search ’Canvas Student’ in the app store and click download to begin installing the app on your device
- Step 2: Open the app and click the ‘Find my school’ button, then type in ’University of Liverpool’
- Step 3: Once you have chosen University of Liverpool, log in to Canvas using your University of Liverpool MWS Login (email@example.com) and password.
That’s it in a nutshell – but luckily for you, Canvas Coach Joe has put together a useful step-by-step video on how to download the Canvas Student App. Watch the video here.
How to access support in Canvas
If you ever have a question about using Canvas, you can contact the Canvas Support Team anytime day or night. This friendly expert team is available 24/7, 365-days-a-year! To contact them, all you have to do is:
- Log on to Canvas
- Click on the ‘Help’ icon on the left-hand side (blue) navigation menu
- Choose from the support options: live chat, phone conversation or email
- You will then be connected to a friendly Canvas support operator who will assist with your query
Whatever the issue, the Canvas Support Team is always the best place to start.
If your query concerns topics specific to the University or your course/department/school, you may need to contact your module leader, student experience team or Service Desk. For more information on how to do this, click here.
The Canvas Help for Student course is a brilliant resource, full of useful information to help you get used to Canvas. From ‘How-To’ videos made by our student Canvas Coaches, to self-help guides and step-by-step tutorials, this Canvas course contains everything you need to know about your new VLE.
You should be automatically enrolled onto the course. To find it, simple click ‘dashboard’ from the left-hand side menu and find the ‘Canvas Help for Student’ course tile.