The University is inviting all students and staff to take part in Get Active Week, a new programme of FREE sport and physical activity sessions, classes and events taking place next week, from 2-8 May.
This exciting initiative led by Sport Liverpool also includes free access to the University’s fitness facilities and swimming pool at points throughout the week.
Get Active Week Programme
If you don’t already have it, please download the My Liverpool App for quick and easy access to the events programme from anywhere. This app is free to download.
The full programme is also available to view on Sport Liverpool’s webpages.
You can try the gym and swimming for free throughout the week, between 10-11.30am and 2-4pm on weekdays and all day on Saturday, 7 and Sunday, 8 May. Students are also encouraged to ask at the Sports Centre reception for free equipment hire to take part in activities such as Basketball, Table Tennis and Teqball.
There are also plenty of activities to sign up to, including:
- Campus 5K Run / 2.5K Walk – Wednesday, 4 May
- Swimathon – Friday, 6, Saturday, 7 and Sunday, 8 May
- Yoga on Abercromby Square – Tuesday, 3, Wednesday, 4 and Friday, 6 May
- Outdoor Bootcamp Class – Tuesday, 3 and Thursday, 5 May
- Walk and Talk – Tuesday, 3, Thursday, 5 and Friday, 6 May
- HIIT Classes – Monday, 2 (Online), Wednesday, 4 and Friday, 6 May
- Dodgeball Tournament– Wednesday, 4 May
Join the challenge and share your activity
The University has set up a ‘Get Active Week Challenge’ in the GoJoe app which is available for everyone to log activity, both on and off campus, and earn points throughout the week. Join up at any time.
For information on how to access the GoJoe app, join the challenge, and get started, visit the Get Active Week webpage. Winners of this ‘most points’ challenge will get surprises!