If you’re graduating in December then you will soon be part of a global family of more than 250,000 University of Liverpool alumni.
We want you to know that graduation isn’t a goodbye. We’re here for you in the future, and would love to stay in touch.
Here are just some things you should know about:
Your alumni network
Liverpool Connect is our online networking offering the chance to connect with graduates who are willing to share their career insights, employment journeys, and support, through informal online mentoring.
The Liverpool Connect platform allows you to:
- Search an online directory of more than 2,500 global alumni professionals
- Make e-networking connections for informal mentoring & career insights
- Access career development resources and free online events
- Join community groups to connect around share interests.
Whether you are looking for a mentor, or hoping to give back your time by volunteering your skills and expertise as a mentor, Liverpool Connect can offer you the opportunity you need.
The University also has official alumni networks based on six continents around the world. Our networks are co-ordinated by alumni volunteers who develop local networks, organise events, and help alumni in their community to maintain a lifelong connection with the University.
To find out more about your local alumni network and its Ambassador or co-ordinator, please click here.
Discounts and resources
As a member of our alumni community you also qualify for some special benefits, including access to the University’s online and on campus library resources, and discounts at local hotels.
Access careers support
You can continue to access support from the Careers & Employability team after graduation.
Make sure you update your contact details so that you can continue to use Handshake for finding jobs and careers resources, plus access our support via the Career Studio.
University of Liverpool graduates can also sign-up to our Your Future programme that can help you research career opportunities, view potential employers, and find the graduate jobs in Liverpool, the UK, and beyond.
There are 9 clusters to choose from, each with its own diverse jobs, employers, and online community. Each cluster also includes recommended virtual internships, and learning opportunities to help you to develop the skills that employers are looking for, and to gain the experience you need to make your applications stand out.
Your Future will provide you with:
- Early access to new graduate jobs. So you can be the first to apply.
- 24-hour application checks. To increase your chances of success.
- Free access to CV360 for quick CV checks. To make it easier for you to adapt your CV.
- Real-world experiences and virtual internships. To gain the skills employers want.
- An exclusive online community. To connect with fellow graduates and our team of career experts.
Complete our short Class of 2022 survey so that we can continue to support you in your career.