The Santander Universities Scholars Programme is a new initiative aimed at developing the potential and increasing the career prospects of the students who are most likely to face challenges whilst attending university.
The programme provides funding to support you from first year through to graduation, alongside training opportunities to develop your career potential.
Application are now open for the programme, which will support 100 full-time current undergraduate students from across the UK who are due to graduate in 2025.
Successful applicants will receive £30k of funding over three academic years, alongside a series of employability training and development sessions, and a dedicated mentor to guide you through the programme.
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 or older
- Full-time undergraduate student completing your course in 2025
- Applicants must self-identify as part of at least 1 of the following under-represented groups:
- From areas of low higher education participation, low household income or low socioeconomic status
- Black, Asian and minority ethic students
- Mature students
- Disabled students
- Care experienced students
- Students estranged from their families
- Students from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Students from military families
- Applicants must quality as a Home Fee Status student
- Applicants must not be receiving more than £1,500 per year in external sponsorship for their degree, for example, from other sources such as industry bodies/employers (Liverpool Bursary and Government grants do not affect your eligibility).
Applications close at 11pm on 31 January 2023.