Your final year as a student can be an intense time, but as well as focusing on your studies it’s important to make plans for your future after graduation.
The summer may seem a long way off, but trust us it’s coming up fast, and everyone who’s hoping to graduate this year needs to start thinking about your next steps now.
To help you achieve your post-graduation goals, here are five things to do now:
- Drop-in to the Career Studio to speak to our Career Coaches – they can help you with your CV, check a job application, practise an interview, or prepare for an assessment centre. Not sure what you want to do? They can co-explore your options and any careers you might want to pursue.
- Make the most of the Your Future Festival taking place on campus and online from 13-17 March. The week includes the Liverpool Spring Careers Fair as well as Speed Mock Interviews, CV Workshops, Code First Girls, and a Linkedin Masterclass and Lounge where you can get advice and a professional photo for your profile.
- Activate your Handshake account to start looking for graduate jobs, and make the most of our events and online careers resources. If you are using Handshake already make sure your profile is up to date and take part in the Handshake 10 day challenge.
- Keep up-to-date with all of the latest career opportunities and events. Look out for the weekly email newsletter from the Careers and Employability team, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and TikTok. We also have a YouTube channel with lots of useful video resources.
- Make sure you complete our Class of 2023 survey to update your contact details and let us know your plans. If you have a job lined up we’d love to know, and if you’re still looking there’s lots of support available. We’re also giving away £50 each week to one lucky winner, and there’s also a chance to win a £1,000 graduate package if you complete the survey!
It’s Your Future; start small, dream big, and keep moving.
The Careers and Employability team can equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the graduate jobs market – we’re here to help you, every step of the way.