As we head into exam and assessment season we wanted to remind you of all the ways our wonderful library team can help support you #TeamLivUni!
1. Library on Tour
The Library has gone on tour this exam and assessment period, to ensure that you can find quiet, comfortable study spaces all over campus. Inside, you’ll find library staff on hand to help as well as free stationary and sweet treats to keep your revision fuelled.
Library on Tour will be running from Tuesday 2 May to Friday 26 May, weekdays from 10am – 6pm in The Guild, 502 and Management School.
View this post on Instagram
2. Online resources
You can More than 900,000 ebooks and 130,000 ejournals are available to you 24/7, wherever you have an internet connection.
- Use Library Search to find the resources you need in one simple search
- Search Reading Lists for quick, easy access to the resources recommended by your lecturers
- Can’t find the resource you need? Use Get it For Me to tell us what you need and we will do our best to source it as quickly as possible!
3. Specialist Subject Support
Did you know there are designated Liaison Librarians for each subject? If you need support finding resources, critically thinking and academic writing.
Contact your Librarian or book a one-to-one appointment!
4. KnowHow to support your learning
KnowHow provides a full programme of academic support sessions throughout the year to help you succeed in your studies. KnowHow deliver a mix of online and in person sessions and topics include:
- Finding Information for your Assignment
- Referencing support
- Managing your Time
- Note Taking Techniques
- Planning your Essay
- Introduction to Critical Reading
Find out more about our KnowHow sessions and book your place.
5. 1-2-1 academic writing support
Writing@Liverpool is an initiative delivered by postgraduate tutors who have lots of experience in academic writing.
Book a one to one appointment with a tutor for support with analysing questions, becoming more critical, structuring your writing or referencing.
6. 1-2-1 help with statistics
Stats@Liverpool is a free service to help you boost your statistical skills.
Book a one to one appointment with a friendly postgraduate statistics tutor for support in choosing statistical tests, using statistical packages and understanding statistical concepts.
7. Free access to books, ebooks, audiobooks & more
Reading your course material is important, but so is switching off and escaping! Our free-to-access leisure reading collections are not directly related to your university studies.
- Browse Overdrive and choose from a wide range of genres including contemporary fiction, classic fiction, wellbeing and self-help books themed reading lists such as LGBT+, BAME, award-winning books, and more!
- Download LIBBY to listen to audiobooks on-the-go
8. Free access to Film, TV, Documentaries & more
You have free access to multiple streaming platforms through the Library!
- Sign up to Kanopy to access thousands of films, from blockbusters to documentaries as well as a great selection of classic films and World cinema
- Stream critically acclaimed classic, cult and contemporary cinema hand-picked by the British Film Institute on BFI Player
- Login to Box of Broadcasts to access TV, Radio and Film on demand
9. Social Media
Follow the Library Instagram account for study tips, Library insight and to keep up-to-date with Library events
View this post on Instagram