The University has launched its new Postgraduate Leadership Programme (LEAP). This programme will help PGRs understand what leadership is, how to lead authentically and how to get the best out of the people around them.
Hosted by the Academy, applications are welcome from PGRs at any stage of their research. If you believe that your supervisees or members of your research group could benefit from LEAP, please invite them to apply. More details can be found on the PGR Development Hub.
Why should PGRs apply?
Led by leadership expert Dr Steve Hutchinson, author of the book: Coaching and Mentoring for Academic Development (Surviving and Thriving in Academia), this three-stage programme will provide PGRs with tools, ideas and practical strategies to help your PGRs lead authentically in each of the following areas:
- Shaping the purpose of their field and leading intellectual decisions
- Directing projects that deliver impactful and meaningful results
- Guiding and developing people to reach their potential
- Applications open: 6 November 2023
- Applications close (or deadline): 30 November 2023, 12:00PM
- Notification of outcome: Week beginning 18 December 2023
- Programme dates or Programme runs from 15 January to 29 January 2024
This opportunity will help shape the future leaders of research and beyond. To reflect demand, interested PGRs will submit to a transparent, competitive application process that will be open to all PGRs. Please direct any enquiries to the PGR Hub, which includes all information about the application process and links to online drop-in sessions.
Successful applicants are expected to attend all three sessions to maximise the impact of the programme and we hope that we can count on your support should your PGR be successfully selected.
If you have any questions about the sessions or application process please contact us at email@example.com
Resources and further information
Achieve your writing goals with WriteFest 2023 this November
WriteFest is a month-long celebration of academic writing happening throughout November 2023. As part of the festival of writing, The Academy have created an exciting programme of events and resources open to all staff and PGRs.
How to get involved with WriteFest this year:
- Click here to register for workshops: develop your knowledge and skills in all areas of writing by attending our workshops
- Click here to join the WriteFest team: share your writing goals, accomplishments and challenges with your peer community throughout the month, and get updates on resources and activities
- Click here to join the Shut up and Write team: commit to dedicated time to write while connecting virtually with your peers