Accessing our wellbeing services if you need them

Student receiving support

Feeling anxious, uncomfortable, or just need to talk – we’re here if you need us.

University wellbeing services are available to support you if you need it. There are a range of services – from appointments with our dedicated counselling team through to self-help reading and advice.

You can find the team in the Student Life centre in the Alsop Building on University Square or make contact via phone on 0151 795 1000. Alternatively, you can visit the Student Services website for information on how to book appointments.

Support services

Mental Wellbeing – being at university is exciting but it can bring challenges. The team offer a range of options to help you navigate university life, including wellbeing advice, counselling service, a mental health advisory service plus workshops and events. You can find more information on these and more on the Mental Wellbeing pages.

Disability Support – on these pages, you’ll find guidance on how to access disability-related study support, what study and assessment support is available, including funding options and much more.

Money Advice & Guidance – The Money Advice & Guidance team can give you advice on various issues including debt management, budgeting, student loans and grants, welfare benefits and more.

Visa and immigration support – dedicated advice for international students on visas, working in the UK and family visas.

Report + Support

We want your university experience to be a positive one. As part of our commitment to creating a safe, inclusive environment for you to study and live in, we encourage you to report any bullying, harassment, sexual misconduct, hate crime, assault or discrimination.

Our Report + Support online tool has been designed for you to let us know about anything which has made you feel uncomfortable. It’s quick and easy to use, and you can share your contact details with us, or tell us about something anonymously if you prefer.

If you choose to share your contact details, you will be contacted by a Wellbeing Practitioner from our Student Services Team who will be able to provide you with advice and guidance. This won’t initiate a formal complaints process and any information you provide will remain confidential unless we believe there is a serious threat to your own or someone else’s safety.

The Report + Support webpages also include a range of support articles and advice for anyone who is experiencing harassment, bullying or assault, including sexual and domestic violence, and those who are supporting them.

For more information about the tool, please visit our Report + Support webpage.

In need of immediate help?

If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured call 999.

If you call 999 and are unable to talk remain silent and press 55. There will be a recorded message and you must press 55 to confirm you need help.

If you are on campus and feel unsafe, call Campus Support on 0151 794 2222 or go to your nearest University building and ask someone to phone Campus Support for you.

Do not intervene in any situation if it is not safe to do so. It is important not to put yourself at risk.

Did you know…?

Did you know that Liverpool Guild of Students have trained more than 7,000 students to be active bystanders over the past 5 years? The training has been offered to society and sports club committee members, course reps and residential advisors, among others, and is designed to help develop skills around safe bystander intervention when witnessing a difficult situation.